Monday, June 24, 2013

Philstar features IM Agency’s Valerie Weigmann

philstar June

MANILA, Philippines - Many remember German-Filipina Valerie Weigmann as the “Dazzling Doll” housemate in ABS-CBN’s Pinoy Big Brother: Teen Edition Plus! Crossing over from reality TV to modeling, acting and running her own restaurant, Valerie is taking every opportunity to make herself grow and survive the cutthroat industry of showbiz and fashion.

“I love modeling and acting. I love, enjoy and appreciate every moment of everything that I do. I never take anything for granted. Each experience is not only unforgettable but an opportunity to learn and improve more as well,” says Valerie, who shares that a lot of people helped her to get to where she is now, including her friends Dr. Homer Cudel and one of the country’s top fashion photographers Doc Marlon Pecjo.

Valerie, 23, admits that her career in modeling and doing commercials was loomed from hard work and opening herself to learning more. “Before, it used to be awkward for me to participate in go-sees and casting for commercials because I needed to act as well. At the time, it was awkward but I got used to it eventually. And from then on, I really started to enjoy everything. I want to try, learn and experience more.”

With everything going very well in her career, which includes her recent stints with TV5’s Kidlat and Marlon Rivera’s Miriam: Ang Huling Henya, Valerie credits her Bicolana mom Delia and German-Danish dad Lothar Weigmann, who passed away when she was 14, for inspiring her. “My parents inspire me because they achieved so much. I’m happy the way they raised me,” shares Valerie, the youngest of five siblings, who now lives independently. She has now chosen to call the Philippines her home and has embraced the Filipino culture. “I love it here. Everyone is so spontaneous and easy going!”

“I consider myself more of a Filipino,” says Valerie. “My dad taught me the value of hard work and his positive outlook in life inspired me. But it was my mom who taught me not only Filipino values but also an appreciation of Filipino and Asian culture. And she made sure that I am strong and independent,” she adds.

From “housemate” to household name, the statuesque 5’9” Valerie is more than just a pretty face. She gives back by doing charity work. She relaxes by doing practical shooting.

She believes that beauty is synonymous with confidence and staying true to oneself. “I’m in an industry where everyone sees you, everyone is interested in what you’re doing. I try to do well and work on being not just a model, but a role model. As a woman, I believe I have a responsibility to empower and influence other women to be independent and determined in life.”

Photography by MAU AGUASIN • Creative direction and styling by LUIS ESPIRITU JR. • Makeup by BOBBY CARLOS, national

makeup artist for Max Factor Philippines • Hairstyling by JIM GUERRERO of L’Oréal Professionel • Both dresses by FANNY SERRANO • Jewelry by MILADAY JEWELS • Shot on location at the FAIRMONT LOBBY

Original feature from Philstar.com

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

No comments:

Share This

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...